1. Use the internet to find a sight that offers free background images. (Use www.google.com to
search. I suggest using free backgrounds as your search words)...or go to
2. Right click on the background image that you want and save it to your desktop.
3. Upload it to your geocities filemanager. Remember
the name of the file.
4. Open your web page in a second browser window (File.....New......Navigator window.)
5. Open Netscape Composer to edit that page. (File.......Edit page....)
6. In Composer click on the Image button at the top of the page. A big box will open.
7. In the white rectangle under the words
Image location -Enter a remote URL or local
8. After typing the URL address into the
white rectangle, press the Apply
button and then the
9. The background image should appear as a somewhat
small rectangle or square on your screen.
10. Be sure to delete the smaller version of the
background image from your screen.